Twitter Plans Updates to Increase User Growth
Twitter is preparing to release some exciting new updates to the platform. Analysts and investors have criticized Twitter for not doing enough to update its product to reignite user growth on the platform. The company addressed the issue by promising to increase its pace for product development.
These new features were announced on Wednesday by Twitter’s team:
- Timeline Highlights – This feature will use algorithms to highlight relevant tweets that may have been posted when users were not on the social network.
- Instant Timeline – The instant timeline feature is intended to relieve the friction of signing up users by showing new users a timeline of tweets without requiring them to search for people to follow.
- Breaking News Alerts – In the past Twitter has experimented with breaking news notifications. The company has made plans to focus on this effort.
- Real-Time Video Editing – Twitter’s team announced that they are working on a tool to allow users to “take, edit, and share video in real-time’ on the platform.
- Improvements to private messaging – The company has announced plans to improve its Direct Messaging service. It has been promised that they will add “significant functionality to private messaging.”
With these new improvements coming to Twitter it will be interesting to see how these help to bring more users to the platform. What do you think? Is Twitter still a social media platform that you use to get information from, or have other platforms replaced Twitter?